Friday, April 16, 2010

Vacation comes to an end

I can't believe it's Friday already!  For the most part the weather has been pretty good, sunny but a little on the cool side.  Now it's cloudy and chilly.  Oh well, no complaining, it's been a fabulous spring.  Warmer weather is just around the corner!

Monday Jacob and I went swimming at VAC.  It's just amazing how comfortable Jacob is in the water.  He can sit in the kiddie pool now (the water is almost up to his chin!) and likes to stand and hold onto the side.  He splashed up a storm soaking both of us and all those within several feet.  A cute little girl played ball with him for a while and he practiced swimming in the big pool as well.  When he sits on the side of the pool now he leans forward to try to jump in.  What a big boy!  This summer is going to be a blast!

Tuesday came with sad news as we learned of my sister-in-law Dawn's mom passing away.  She was surrounded by her loving family.  Rest in peace Grandma Dot.  Please keep Dawn and her family in your prayers.

Wednesday Jacob got the last of his 12 month shots, PCV-7.  He weighed 28 pounds.  I think the shot made him a little fussy and out of sorts on Thursday, along with his upper 1 year molars coming in.  He's got 12 teeth now!

Thursday my friend Amy came over for lunch and a little play time.  She reassured me that he was just fine, despite his continued toe walking.  She showed me another activity to do with him to help him put his feet down flat.  We worked on it later and it went well.  I also moved the couch cushions off and he started cruising back and forth!  First time ever!  Thanks for all the advise, Amy!  I really appreciate it!

Now it's Friday and Jacob's napping.  We are going out to lunch with my mom, grandparents, Aunt Grace (my grandmother's sister-in-law), and Paula (my mom's cousin).  Jacob likes to eat out (he get's that from his Mama!).  Hope we have a good time!

No comments: