Sunday, May 27, 2012

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lyme Disease

Dr. Bruce called last night... Pili has Lyme Disease!  Poor puppy!  She has been lame on and off all spring, but progressively getting worse.  At first we thought it was just that she was out of shape from the winter and needed time.  She tested negative in March, was vaccinated, we consistently use Frontline, and check her!  I didn't think she could get it but I guess nothing is !00%.  Dr. Bruce said that 95% of dogs do very well and can be treated with 4 weeks of antibiotics (doxycycline).  She's having a urine test this morning to make sure it hasn't gone into her kidneys... which makes up the other 5% of dogs that do very poorly.  He thinks she will start to feel better in a few days.

On a positive note, things have been better at home since our disastrous night earlier in the week.  Not that Jacob isn't working on being a better listener... :-)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tough night

I'm not sure where things went wrong yesterday, but WHOA was it out of control!  How do we go from things being pretty good to full force screaming, hitting, and spitting?!?  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I find it hard to believe that it's all from being tired, but maybe.  It all started with some rain and Jacob not wanting to come in, followed by a COMPLETELY SOAKED BATHROOM (I had to wrestle him into the tub!), and screams that I'm sure the neighbors could hear (not from my mouth!).  Ugh.  What a night.  On to a better day today, I hope!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Catching up...

Jacob helped a very trusting Grammie Manning repair one of Pili's toys. 
 Then Jacob and Dada build a new tailgate for his 4-wheeler. 

I think it's time for the Jeep to be passed on... he hardly fits in it!  And below is the reason Ted has to park outside now! LOL 

What a way to end the day... king crab, homemade apple sauce (along with some other things), and a tubby!
Posted by Picasa

Monday, May 7, 2012

More hiking and helping

Inspecting the snow cats at Pico, wishing for a ride!

Such a good boy!  Helping mow the lawn at only 3 years old.  :-)
Posted by Picasa