Friday, November 5, 2010

It's here

Well I've patiently waited for 6+ weeks for a new car, and it came to an almost crashing halt (literally) on Thursday morning at 8am!  My car was delivered on a trailer from Boston by a two wheel drive truck.  The driver tried to back up our driveway but was unable to make it to the top.  He stopped on the hill to unload it only to have the WHOLE THING, truck, trailer, and my car on the trailer, slide down the driveway, jack knife, and go into the ditch!!  My new car was less than a foot from a huge rock!  Some how the driver and Ted were able to get it off the trailer, in the ditch, without a scratch or dent.  Then Ted had to tow the driver's truck and trailer out.  What a mess but it worked out in the end.  I love the car, even though I don't know how to use many of the features yet.
 That's my new car on the left, in the ditch, with the back up lights on.  Ted's car, in the middle, is about to tow the truck with the trailer because it's jack knifed.

My car emerges from the ditch!

No comments: