Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Doctor Visit

I called the doctor's office yesterday since Jacob still has a stuffy nose... it's been 2 weeks... and he needs the rest of his 2 month old shots. The nurse thought Dr. Wood should see him...

Our big boy is up to 12 pounds 10 ounces! Dr. Wood was thrilled with his weight gain and how healthy he appears, despite the stuffy nose. He was very alert while we were there, checking out the doctor and the med student that was with him. It was really cute. So Dr. Wood thought it was fine to get the rest of his shots and we'll re-check his neutrophil count the second week of June. He got two shots (SO SAD!) and one drinkable one by mouth. I just can't stand it when someone hurts my baby and makes him cry!

My mom just told me about a numbing cream that you can get by prescription to use before blood draws and shots. You just rub it on the spot 30 minutes prior and ta-dah! no pain for the little one! Why don't they tell moms about this and use it on babies?! They shouldn't be hurt if its not necessary. Needless to say I'll be calling the doctor about this. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: