Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What next?

Less than 24 hours after Jacob's well child visit to Dr. Wood he came down with a fever of about 102 degrees!  That lasted three days and didn't seem to be more than a fever, until it was gone and then he broke out in a rash.  It was on his chest (front and back), neck, head, and face.  I called the doctor's office again (4th time!) and they think it's a virus called Roseola.  Basically it's a common childhood virus with a fever for a few days followed by a virus for a few days to weeks.  Of course it has to run it's course and luckily is not contagious after the fever stage.  Luckily he hasn't been to crabby through any of it until yesterday.  And I think the problem yesterday was that he got up too early and was very tired.  Nothing made him happy last night for more than a minute and I finally put him to bed at 7pm!  He was asleep instantly and hasn't made a peep in 11 hours.  I hope he's okay.  I finally got some sleep last night, too.  I have not been sleeping well at all for about a week and it's really taking a toll.  I'm just exhausted and crabby, too!  And the weather sure hasn't helped... what I wouldn't do for some REAL spring!

Sending out more prayers to our friends and all the people in Japan.  Hope you are safe and that we see you this summer!

No comments: