Saturday, December 6, 2008

First Hike

Pili and I just got back from our first hike in the woods, now that deer season is over. Pili was in her glory; jumping partially frozen streams and downed trees and smelling all the animal tracks. We saw pretty large deer tracks, lots of turkey tracks, and many smaller hopping and walking paw tracks. There is more snow in the woods than I expected. I actually should of worn my snowshoes, it would have made it much easier. It was alot of work breaking through the crusty snow, not to mention that I weigh a bit more! Now Pili's ready for a nap and I can do house work. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to join you with Taffy sometime...it must be really lovely...do you think Taffy could do it??

Jodi said...

That would be great! It's only hard/steep at first and we could go for a short hike to see how Taffy does. I bet she would be fine because you go for long walks.

Anonymous said...

wait a minute...isn't it still muzzle season...BE CAREFUL OUT THERE...